How to Join Kissaki Kai: info and forms to download
KISSAKI-KAI USA membership benefits
No Politics just hard training
Bunkai, applications of kata, are flooding the internet today. Many of these techniques do not follow the rules of combat and are often reversed engineered to fit a desired unrealistic result. Kissaki-kai is an international organization with students and schools around the world that has been studying bunkai application for over 30 years. With Vince Morris heading the further study of developing bunkai. Kissaki-kai USA is an organization for instilling better technique, encouragement, development, and provide direction for schools and individuals in the study of bunkai. Membership gets your foot in the door in this resurgence of the non-sport philosophies.
Low Individual membership fees $25 per year
i. Discounts on approved DVD, merchandise and apparel
ii. Discounts at kissaki-kai seminars and Camps
iii. Recognition of current affiliation’s rank
iv. Free training at Hombu dojo or kissaki-kai affiliated dojo
v. Training Passport to record training seminars and ranks
Kissaki-kai was developed after high ranks asked for more reality based training. In the process we have learned a deeper understanding of karate itself. This is a study of the material before tournament karate. If you are looking for more than tournament karate kissaki-kai is the upgrade for you. An international organization growing and improving karate through intercommunication and seminars with top tear instructors. Providing programs to each other to improve dojo programs, student retention, and law enforcement training. If you want to expand your karate program beyond the modern tournament this is for you. We do not have all the answers and do not want to “franchise” your school. We are looking to build a family of karate schools wanting to improve their karate while helping each other improve the schools. A Family of schools trying to be better by teaching a more complete karate. National and international camps as well as on-site training.
Schools are independent. Whether you are an established school looking to add to your current curriculum or a new school looking for guidance, we are a source for information, direction and instruction.
There are two levels of affiliation.
(i) The following details requirements to become a Kissaki-kai Concept school.
These requirements may be tailored to suit the needs of members if mutually agreed by Kissaki-USA and the prospective school.
Obligations to Kissaki-USA
1. An initial School fee of $20 is required to register the Dojo
2. All instructors of the dojo pay membership fee of $25/ year (see memberships)
3. A suitable list (spreadsheet) record of students, their rank and age must be supplied. Emails are also requested of students to provide copies of newsletters, seminar announcements and upcoming events.
4. Provide support, and attend seminars, camps, and special events is encouraged for all students training in Kissaki-kai. Instructors or qualified assistant instructors are expected to attend at least one Kissaki-kai event or seminar a year.
5. The instructor or a qualified assistant is required to join the long distance learning program to ensure understanding of the fundamentals of Kissaki-Kai. This is also a great resource to use for drills, bunkai, and other class related material.
6. Adherence to the kissaki-USA syllabus is recommended. This provides expectation levels for each rank and a proven learning structure. The syllabus is meant to be a guide and is customized to fit with the school’s base system.
7. Adherence to the Dojo and instructor’s code of conducts are required. We will not tolerate conduct that is unprofessional or endangers students.
8. All instructors will be on a 2 year probation period which their compliance with the requirements will be monitored prior to be accredited to full kissaki-kai instructors. At which time instructors and students can take a placement test and receive full Kissaki-kai rank and credentials.
9. This program involves on site visits by kissaki-kai instructors and invites to train at the hombu dojo. Fees for these services are based on specifics of the mutually agreed program prior to v.
Benefits of a Kissaki-USA Concept school
1. Certification and recognition of all ranks by Kissaki-Kai Karate International. Current ranks will be recognized, but members will be expected to eventually gain Kissaki-Kai Rank.
2. Assistance in implementing the Kissaki-Kai principles based syllabus into schools existing dojo syllabus
3. Membership License Identification and seminar history booklets
4. Availability of Kissaki-USA Head instructors to instruct at the member dojo
5. Eligibility to participate in Kissaki-kai Karate instructor training programs and LETS training courses
6. Access to the kissakiUSA Website instructor links, Newsletters. (www.kissakiusa.com)
7. School listed on the kissakiusa website, and Kissaki-USA email address
(ii) The following details requirements to become a Full Kissaki-Kai School
After the two year probation period the school is eligible to become a Fully Certified Kissaki-Kai School. Full membership requires the instructors and students to be active supporters and members of the organization. This type of membership does not preclude affiliations with other organizations; we openly welcome all styles and organizations, however all members are expected to adhere to the requirement set forth for rank and etiquette. Kissaki-Kai runs on simple principles of honesty, friendship and solid training.
Benefits of Full Kissaki-kai School
1. All previous benefits stated continue
2. A seat on the kisskai-USA board meetings, planning meetings, and quarterly conference calls.
3. Instructors are Accredited as Full Kissaki-Kai instructors.
4. Discounted rates to Kissaki-kai sponsored seminars, trainings, and special events
5. Preferential availability of Head Kissaki-kai instructors to instruct at member dojo.
6. Availability to host a Kissaki-kai Camp (larger seminar with multiple instructors)
7. Discounts to Kissaki-USA merchandise.
8. Our enduring friendship and the promise of hard training when we get together.
You can simply send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. Or please have a look below, where you will find a number of forms, which might be useful to you.